We work directly with our local suppliers in order to offer authentic Welsh produce.
From within Llangollen town itself we source many products, including our Oggies & Pies, Welshcakes, Bara Brith (traditional Welsh fruit loaf) and Honey.
The people at Llangollen Oggie Shop
Ownership of Bailey's was taken up by long-term Llangollen residents Ross & Tracey Anderson in April 2014, who both work full time at the shop. Shop manager Stuart has been at the shop for 16 years, under previous ownership also. Jill, Jord and Mary make up the great team of staff at Llangollen Oggie Shop.
Our shop is located on the ground floor of Llangollen Town Hall. The hall was built by Morris Roberts, who was also responsible for several other buildings in Llangollen, such as the National School building in Regent Street. In December 1858 over 40 plots of land, including the entire layout of New Street (now Castle Street) was auctioned at the Hand Hotel. In 1858 Morris Roberts bought several plots and built the building known then as the Assembly Rooms and Market Hall (now the Town Hall) in 1867. The Market Hall was originally open to the street and the arches were later filled in to make the shops here today.